Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (137 Views)

laptop shuts down suddenly without warning

Product Name: 15 r007tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
it automatically shuts while doing some work without giving any warning and after restarting it works fine for some days then again shuts down randomly
0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 3 (113 Views)

Re: laptop shuts down suddenly without warning

HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k015dx Sleekbook Model #:E0K41UA using Windows 10 and current with updates

I am having the same problem as described.  No warning, using AC power, the battery check is fine and it just lost all power.  I waited a couple of minutes, checked AC connection was good, and restarted okay, but it did spook me since it has never had that problem before.   The machine in service for 4 years, and I have noticed times where the screen gets brighter for a few seconds and then returns to normal.   Hopeful that this isn't a sign of a near demise.  BTW-I did check to be sure that the battery is not a part of the January 2017 recall and it is not.

Appreciate help.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (95 Views)

Re: laptop shuts down suddenly without warning

I once thought this may be the problem of Ac adapter, but without power on also this problem exist, I also changed my operating system but the problem remains, hope any expert will help us
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation