Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DV5-1050tx Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP website will not recognize my DV5-1050tx and link me to any drivers at all. I just would like latest BIOS ,

currently have BIOS version F.07,

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHZ

system board  3603 02.15

running windows 10,

Need latest BIOS so I can use 2 4gig ram modules

Link to latest driver/update Package would be appreciated too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The latest BIOS update for dv5-1000's with the Intel processors is F.21

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.cva

Here is the link to the update exe file...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.exe

Here is the problem...you are running W10 and the BIOS update was written to be run on Windows Vista or Windows 7.

If you try to update the BIOS when running W10, it could totally destroy your notebook.

So, update the BIOS on W10 at your own peril, or install a supported operating system to update the BIOS and then reinstall W10.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The latest BIOS update for dv5-1000's with the Intel processors is F.21

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.cva

Here is the link to the update exe file...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.exe

Here is the problem...you are running W10 and the BIOS update was written to be run on Windows Vista or Windows 7.

If you try to update the BIOS when running W10, it could totally destroy your notebook.

So, update the BIOS on W10 at your own peril, or install a supported operating system to update the BIOS and then reinstall W10.

HP Recommended

Thankyou so much, really appreciate the time you took to respond, I successfully updated the BIOS and now can run  2 4gig ram sticks. Thankyou once again. Any chance of sending me the link Exec file for the latest drivers package even if it was Vista? cheers once again.

Paul

HP Recommended

Sorry I forgot to mention if you are interested I updated the  BIOS in Windows 10, and it updated fine.

cheers once again. I currently have 4 HP laptops running in my Household (family members) and a HP desktop for Business. The HP Community is one of the major reasons I always go for HP.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You took quite a gamble there.  Glad it paid off for you.

This very reputable website has drivers for your notebook.

https://www.helpjet.net/files-HP-Pavilion-dv5t-1000.html

HP retired support for the dv5 model series since it is over 10 years old.

If there is a particular driver you are looking for, please let me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.