05-08-2017 12:54 AM
My laptop won't switch on unless its plugged in. When I press the power button, I can see the light but soon it produces a short circuit sound and turns off. It wil only get switched on when I put the lap on charge, but once its switched on, I can unplug the charger. This started after I spiled some water over my laptop. I tried to dry it using hair dryer. Please tell me how can I solve this issue.
05-08-2017 02:42 AM
You might want to take a look at this document: Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge
It suggests troubleshooting steps to determine if the problem is the battery, the power supply, or the system board.
You might find the answer to your battery/power issue as you work through the steps in that HP support article.
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee