Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (625 Views)

my wireless button stays orange

HP pavilian dv5-2035dx

Operating system: windows 7

my wireless button (button f12) light stays orange no matter how many times i press it to turn blue.  The wireless icon at the bottom of the screen by the battery and sound icons says no connection, but connections ARE available.  This is very odd because with the connections being available, i should see a blue light i think? when i try to troubleshoot the problem, it says windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter.  I have no idea what to do with this.  I have had the computer for 1 1/2 years and it has never given me this message before.  When i talked with hp help over the phone, he was able to tell me that he thought there was some software that wasn't allowing me to connect to the internet.  I recently tried to clean out my computer and may have accidentally deleted something I needed (aka network adapter?) but i am unsure of the steps to take now.

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 2 (513 Views)

Re: my wireless button stays orange

Do I need to go into the BIOS,to turn on the wireless capability, if so, how do I do that?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation