Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i recently changed os from windows 10 to windows 7 , will not recognise usb ports, in device manager have 3 items with a yellow symbol,  when click on update drive it searches and says not found the 3 items have to do with intel 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hfjohn 

Yes, I did -- but I've been out.  I'm a volunteer here (i.e., unpaid) and I'm only here part-time.

That information says your PC is an HP 15-ac143wm -- and here is the link to the HP drivers page:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Notebook---15-ac143wm-(ENERGY-STAR)/8499326/mode...

Since that will most likely show Win10 drivers when you open it, then click on the Operating System link and change the OS to Windows 7.

You should then be able to download and use those drivers.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@hfjohn 

It's most likely because the PC is using the default drivers your forced on it when you changed the OS to Win7.

To see if HP even provides Win7 drivers for your PC, you will have to provide us the detailed model number.

We can proceed when you provide the information.
Thanks

HP Recommended

ser number is [removed per Rules Of Participation]

HP Recommended

@hfjohn 

Tried a search with what you posted and it came back as invalid.

Need the model number, not serial number. 

HP Recommended

15-ac143wm

hope this helps

HP Recommended

wawood did you get the model number

HP Recommended

@hfjohn 

Yes, I did -- but I've been out.  I'm a volunteer here (i.e., unpaid) and I'm only here part-time.

That information says your PC is an HP 15-ac143wm -- and here is the link to the HP drivers page:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Notebook---15-ac143wm-(ENERGY-STAR)/8499326/mode...

Since that will most likely show Win10 drivers when you open it, then click on the Operating System link and change the OS to Windows 7.

You should then be able to download and use those drivers.

Good Luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.