Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G62
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I update BIOS on my HP G62, its presently Version F29 from 2011

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers and type the serial no of your pc and if u do not know about ur pc click on "Let HP detect ur product" and click on bios download the .exe file . after downloading it just open the setup and click on install . ur pc will reboot and installation will start . after that it will boot to ur OS and ur done . !Warning! Pls do not shutdown ur pc during installation . Doing so may keep ur PC in inoperable condition . Hope this may help u

HP Recommended

@Kury 

According to the HP product page for your PC, it came with Win7 preloaded -- which means you must have Upgraded it to Win10 and that presents a serious issue, in that the HP BIOS updates are paired to specific OS versions.  The one for your model PC is paired to Win7 and will not run under Windows 10.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

windows 10 only runs programs and softwares that are made for win 10 , it wont run win 7 programs so right click on file and u will find one option called "program compatible troubleshooter" run it . it might help u

HP Recommended

Or go to device manager>firmware >system firmware . double click system firmware . a popup box will open.  go to driver tab. and then click on update driver

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.