Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavilion

pavilion
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

can anyonr help i have a pavilion laptop and broke the ac jack off in the socket i brought a new socket on line dismantled the laptop and fitted the new socket . after reasembling the laptop i cannot get it to power up at all  any sugestions would be greatfully resieved  

3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1900
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavilion

Hi @jack32100,

Thank you for your inquiry, I will gladly assist you to the best of my ability.

I understand that you broke the AC jack off in the socket, therefore you acquired a replacement and proceeded to install it. Now that you have completed the repair, you are still unable to power on the notebook. Please check that all connections are secure and that nothing became loose or disconnected.  Was the replacement an HP recommended part? If not that could also be an issue. When you soldered the replacement, too much heat could have caused other damage. What happens when you try to power it on? Do you see any indication of power?

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
jack32100 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavilion

no they were not hp genuine parts and i did not have to solder as it was a straight plug in and there is no indicater light on at all ..jack32100

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1900
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavilion

Hi @jack32100,

Thank you for the update. I suggest you have the notebook serviced. Please contact HP support for options. Contact HP Support   If you are not under warranty  a local computer repair shop would also be an option. Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation