Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please, note that if you perform clean installation instead of upgrade, Windows will not consider this upgrade [this is not part of the free upgrade offer]. Therefore, you will need a licence to activate Windows 10. The free upgrade to Win 10 that ends these days is only free if you perform upgrade.  Once you perform upgrade and successfully activate Windows 10, you can then reinstall/perform clean installations as long as needed.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi IT_WinSec 

I am not so sure about your statement.
I upgrade a PC with Win7-32bit OS by doing a clean installation of Win10-64bit.
Did not had time to waste Time and Bandwidth (slow and expensive in South Africa)
Hense my Upgrade DVD (64-bit)

I supplied the HP Activation key (sticker on casing) and the PC is activated.

I then restored the Data, did Email and the PC is much faster.

It makes sence to do 64-bit   :generic:
Lots of 32-bit PC's were supplied with 4GB RAM - let us give the End-user the little-extra.

Fact: the only way from 32-bit to 64-bit is a "clean" installation.

Keep well.
NB: The latest Win10 build (14393.5) is running really great on my Elite Notebook (SDD, 12GB)
CorelDraw is opening in a Flash :HeartEyes:
Even my WP is running Ok (no more extensive battery drain)

HP Recommended

Hi John

You have 1 day left.

Make sure you have a HP Sticker with authentication.

If you are doing a "clean" installation and don't have the "key" then just bypass / skip " the key.

Once your HP is up and running phone Microsoft - they are very helpfull in getting your HP Activated.

I also assisted a Client with her Win8.1 - key is in "UEFI"
HP and Microsoft are partners - both want you to be happy and trust that your next purchase will be again a HP with Windows :HeartEyes:

Keep well - Phillip

HP Recommended

Hi

I have the Windows 7 license key, I understand that this will be sufficient to activate the W10 install, is this correct? I think it ends on the 19 July?

Thanks again for all the assistance and advice.

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.