Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ZBOOK 6TW47EA#ABD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

After removing HP Support Assistant it can not be reinstalled.

During deinstallation I have choosen to keep settings. The support Assistant seems to be correctly removed from "Add Programs". HP Support Framework seems to be correctly removed, too.

Following message appears:

"A newer Version of HP Support Assistant is installed. Setup will be closed."

I try to install sp105523.exe which is Version 9.6.605.0 / 8.8.26.13

What could be the problem?

Remaining Settings?

Other Programs which stand in combination with HP Support Assistant like "HP Hardware Diagnostics"?

Hope somebody has an idea.

Greetings 

Holger

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Holger2 Did you know that HPSA redirects application updates based on model-series and is not specific to your computer?

(Basically, the application gets updates based on the entire series, is not specific to your serial number, hence there are certain updates that can be skipped)

Although, if your applications aren't working and the updates are necessary, make sure you download the latest version available for HPSA from the Official HPSA website.

If yes, please follow the below steps to ensure the options are not set to Never :

1. Open HP Support Assistant and click the Settings button.
  2. On the Health Analysis tab, select "Every day or week" from the Frequency drop-down list, and then click Save.
  3. Click the Tune up tab, select the "your preference" from the Frequency drop-down list, and then click Save.
  4. Restart the computer and try again.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

here is the answer of HP support:

Please try oder versions of HP Support Assistant:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp99001-99500/sp99450.exe
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101001-101500/sp101214.exe

Alternatively you may use HP Image Assistant:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103654.exe

My summary:

Both older version produce same Error- Message. Still HP Support Assistant is not installable.

HP Image Assistant works and has similar features except link to Support cases.

Holger

HP Recommended

@Holger2 I suggest you create a new use account and check if that works, if that doesn't help, you may want to follow the below steps to uninstall the program, and then install a fresh copy using this link: click here for details.

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure : Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen to uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher,

I already have uninstalled HP support assistant successfully. Please read my posts. 

Now it is not possible to reinstall.......

Holger

HP Recommended

@Holger2 I understand that, which is why I recommended that you create a new user account and then try the steps to install a new version,

let me know how that goes, good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher: The Message occurs immediately after starting the installation process. Before the installations completes. Even at offline installation conditions.

HP Recommended

@Holger2

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks.

Thats what I did. Result see at my post  ‎08-03-2020 12:41 PM

Yours

Holger

HP Recommended

@Holger2 If nothing worked, and If you have an HP authorized service center near by, you should be able to take it to them and have it checked,

Here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: Click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.