6 4 1 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

re-install firmware, MB2000EBZQC hard drive

MB2000EBZQC hard drive
Linux

Greetings,

I’m moving an HP MB2000EBZQC hard drive between environments and I’d like to start with a fresh firmware install.  I’ve tried from Linux and from Windows and I get a message saying there are 0 devices that can be updated.  I’ve read online about using a -force option, but the help menu doesn’t show that and it’s not working here. This isn’t upgrading or installing a newer firmware but replacing the current firmware with the same version. Below is the firmware support page for the MB0500EBZQA, MB1000EBZQB, and MB2000EBZQC drives for reference -that's where I got the firmware update scrips that I used.   I’m not sure what the issue is. Thinking the software isn’t finding a drive with an older firmware and doesn't consider downgrades or re-installs.  I’d like to replace the firmware and hoping to find some help.

Thanks! Bill

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_bc0a1bc9c6d34bb3932a3b5df4#tab3 

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation