Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

my hard drive crashed, beyond recovery...i have a new drive and want to reload windows 7. i cant do it via iso file as my windows was preloaded by hp. 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you can still read the 25 character product key, you can download W7 Home Premium from the link below...

https://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-7-home-premium-free-download-iso-32-bit-64...

I have zipped up and attached below, the Microsoft utility that will transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that the media is bootable.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for your responce, I'm assuming I must download from the getintopc site and then use the tool you sent to open it, is this correct. 

HP Recommended

My apologies, I've just read your message again and answered my own question. Thanks again

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Should i then boot up the laptop with the usb and run the tool from there

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, if you used the Microsoft utility to create a bootable USB flash drive, boot from it, and W7 should begin to load files, and the installation process will begin.

HP Recommended

I saved your zip file onto the usb and ran it from there, is this correct and could inow boot up with the win 7 download

HP Recommended

Hi:

No.  You unzip that file to a working Windows PC.

Have the USB flash drive in a USB port.

Have the W7 ISO file on the PC.

Run the Microsoft utility, and follow the onscreen instructions to create the bootable USB flash drive.

HP Recommended

Hi,

So im getting a message no operating system found

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.