Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP VM242UAR#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

i used my hp laptop everyday then one day its been hang but the caps lock and no. light continous blinking so i intend to turn it off but the power botton doesnt work so i pull the plug to turn it off then after a few secsond i put the plug on then turn on the laptop but for my surprise theres no imge shown in the screen its just black but the lights on caps and no. are continue to blink. waht should i do.

thank you very much.

cyril 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@cyrilteng

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you HP Pavilion notebook is not booting and led lights are blinking. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Perform a hard reset or forced reset on a notebook computer.
  • Remove dust from the cooling areas in a notebook.
  • Reseat memory modules in a notebook.

Click here and follow the document for more troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@cyrilteng

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you HP Pavilion notebook is not booting and led lights are blinking. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Perform a hard reset or forced reset on a notebook computer.
  • Remove dust from the cooling areas in a notebook.
  • Reseat memory modules in a notebook.

Click here and follow the document for more troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your helpful solutions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.