Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

my computer keeps zooming in on gifs and videos and i dont know how to stop it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@emmacro

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the screen zooms in and out on it's own,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c03754824

(Do not share any personal information such as serial number, email ID, phone number or address on a public forum for your safety). 

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

Which operating system are you using?

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@emmacro

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the screen zooms in and out on it's own,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c03754824

(Do not share any personal information such as serial number, email ID, phone number or address on a public forum for your safety). 

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

Which operating system are you using?

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried to run scans to see if it was a vrus on my computer but it only seems to be occuring on chrome. I dont know what else to do about it. Not other support forums have had the same problem as me

HP Recommended

@emmacro

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Although, it would help if you could include the OS and product number of your computer,

It looks like this is one of the known issues with the Google Chrome: Click here for details.

And you seem to have two options, you either switch to Microsoft Edge, Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc....

Or disable the zoom option on your touchpad using the below steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for "mouse" and then click Mouse from the top of the search results. This opens the Mouse Properties window.
  2. Next, click the right-most tab, labeled Device Settings, and click the Settings button.
  3. Next, from the left-hand column, click Pinch Zoom and uncheck the box on the right labeled Enable Pinch Zoom.
  4. Click OK to save your preference.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have done what you asked but it still is zooming in. my laptop is an 

HP Notebook - 15-af148ca (Touch) (ENERGY STAR) if that helps at all. 

HP Recommended

@emmacro

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The model name of your HP laptop helps, however, that which holds more importance as of now is whether or not you've checked with a different web browser and if yes, Which one?

I need details of what steps you've done, for example, did you check the link I shared that explains how this is a known issue within chrome?

I would appreciate if you could reply with more details for further assistance.

Also, you may attempt to reset & re-install chrome before you try using it again.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.