cancel
ceesf Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sound external speakers via screen via usb-dock from laptop stops every time after 2 hrs

x360w030+usb-c dock+hp27ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there

The sound of my external speakers stops every time after 2 hrs, and then have to be manually re-activated to get sound again.

I have from my laptop an hp usb-c dock with hdmi to the hp 27ea screen, and external speakers plugged in the back of the screen.

When speakers stop for example in my browser the "active-sound-sign" keeps on.

In my volumemixers i see music signals going up and down.

When i double-click on the browser-volume the external speaker turns back on.

Also, when i un-plug the external speakers the screenspeakers start to sound, and when i re-plug the external speakers they work as well again.

This is very very annoying to do this a few times a day when listing to music or while working with video and sounds.

I turned of all energy-saving switches i could find, and as far as i know my drivers and updates are up to date.

The unplug/re-plug thing makes me question where to look next now.

Who knows which hidden switch on what device or setting makes this happen and how that can be turned off ?????

Tnx in advance

ceesf

2 REPLIES 2
Dean
Dean
11,617 11,017 575 1,629
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sound external speakers via screen via usb-dock from laptop stops every time after 2 hrs

> where to look next now.

Since Windows is not interrupting the "audio-output" stream, what about the settings on the TV?

Do those speakers connect to the back of the TV have 110V electrical power?

Is the power-cord plugged-in to a power-bar, and is the TV plugged-in to the same power-bar?

If not, can you connect it that way?

My thought is different "ground-levels" if the two devices are connected to different wall-jacks.

0 Kudos
ceesf Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tnx for your answer.

The speakers are pugged in the back of the screen with 3,5mm audioplug.

Speakers get powersupply from the same 240V powersupply extentioncable as the screen and laptop.

So that is set up as you advised....

On the screen i only found settings for automatic sleepmodus for the whole screen, wich reacts on the inputsignal from the hdmi-plug.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation