Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-da0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello hp the speed of my laptop cpu is stuck at 0.40GHz and i am facing this issue for about 6 months and recently i had visited hp service center where the problem seems to be in hard disk and now i have replaced it with a new one but still the speed of cpu has't increased it is still at 0.40GHz  . kinldy solve this issue as soon as possible thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@User_gill4u Here's a related post that seems to have helped others: click here to view

If the above doesn't help, try the below steps:

Do a Windows Search for “Services” and, in the window that opens, look for Windows Management Instrumentation. Right-click it, then select Restart. You can also stop the service entirely, if you desire, or simply restart your computer.

How to restart Windows Management Instrumention using Services.msc in Windows

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So

HP Recommended

@User_gill4u If that didn't work, Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I conducted the test but I didn't get any code .the system works fine but the cpu is still stuck at 0.4ghz

HP Recommended

@User_gill4u I believe is the idle speed your CPU runs when you are not running programs that require more speed. It goes into a lower power state to reduce power used and heat output.

Is the CPU pegged at 0.40ghz all the time even in games? If you bring up the task manager while running programs like a browser playing a video or a large number of tabs, does the CPU change from 0.40Ghz to something like 1.1Ghz or higher? could you check and let me know?

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.