Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I find it very annoying when my HP laptop erases the text I am typing.  I am searching for what key combinations are causing this to happen.  I know that the shift key, space bar, up/down arrows, backspace all have keys near them that get pressed by mistake. 

I do press the backspace frequently and hit other keys near there that create unwanted things.

Does anyone have input that might help with this problem.  I know it happens to others and am searching for more solutions.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Wondering if others have this same problem while typing on a laptop.

I have searched for other similar questions, however, no one seems to have a solution.

HP Recommended

Thanks for posting!

There are a couple things that could be going on here. 

1. It could be that the "Insert" key was pressed, this could cause text to be overwritten as you type. To disable, simply press the Insert key again.

2. Also, if this is a driver issue you may want to try updating the BIOS of your system from www.hp.com/support. You can find your software & driver page by searching from there with your laptop's product number. 

3. I would also recommend using HP Support Assistant and running a "health analysis" to check for any updates as well.

Hope this helps! 

If you want to give a thank you or just mark a post as helpful, you can do so by clicking the white Kudos Star!

Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'.
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

Thanks,

I see the key above my backspace key has--ins and prt sc on it.  I'm assuming that is the "Insert" key and the "Print screen" key.

I will pay attention to that key when it happens again while I am typing.

I know this issue isn't anything that is wrong with my laptop.  It's totally a problem caused by my typing and what ever my fingers are hitting without meaning to.

HP Recommended

I keep having a problem in writing emails where this hp erases all of what I have just written. It is most likely caused by the keys around the right side of the keyboard.

Still looking for others who have this problem.

HP Recommended

@ joangolfing

> It's totally a problem caused by my typing and what ever my fingers are hitting without meaning to.

In that case make sure you avoid  Ctrl-z  (Undo)  or if you do remember to use  Ctrl-y  (Redo).   ; )

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.