Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-df0023cl
Microsoft Windows 11

Attempting to download photos from iPhone to HP laptop. In the past, when phone was plugged into the computer, would get an icon in the lower right corner indicating it was plugged in and asking what I would like to do. I do not see that with a recent software upgrade. When I go to photos on the dashboard and select 'import photos', only 3 photos show up (I have many, many more than that). Click on 'items missing?' in the upper right corner, and get a message that says 'photos can only import photos that are on this device. Cloud only photos are not available.'

I don't know that my photos are actually on the cloud. How would I know, and if they are, how do I retrieve them in order to download them onto the laptop. Cannot find any useful videos on this topic. As it is now, I have many photos on my phone that are 'trapped.' 

Greatly appreciate any assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.