Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion product Y8K65UA#ABL model 15-au118ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I obtained this used HP computer from a friend, intact other than the original SSD (M.2) SATA hard drive which was removed. This computer is currently on BIOS version F.21. I replaced the hard drive with a new SSD (M.2) SATA and recovered it to factory specs, then updated Windows 10 to the latest version 21H1. Then I wanted to install the BIOS update SP111733.exe (downloaded from HP Support for this product ID), to update the BIOS to F.56 Rev.A, released December 2020. The program runs, but says that BIOS updates are blocked on this device. What was changed in the BIOS between F.21 and F.56, do I need any of these changes and if so, how can I get them to install if the HP support software won't work? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

When you click on the more info for the BIOS update on the support page, you can find the revision history info.

Maybe you will be able to install one of the older versions, and then you may be able to update to the latest one.

If not, unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with why the BIOS update files aren't working.

Driver - HP Pavilion - 15-au118ca | HP® Customer Support

Version: F.55 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Provides improved security.

Version: F.52 Rev.A

Version: F.48 Rev.A

Version: F.46 Rev.A

Version: F.45 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixes an intermittent issue where the system battery does not recharge completely. - Provides the updated Intel CPU microcode to improve system stability and security.

Version: F.42 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixes an issue where the battery information is reported incorrectly. - Provides improved battery health when the system is connected to an AC adapter.
- Provides improved security of UEFI code.
NOTE: HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.

Version: F.38 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Provides improved security of UEFI code.
NOTE: HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.

Version: F.36 Rev.A

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

When you click on the more info for the BIOS update on the support page, you can find the revision history info.

Maybe you will be able to install one of the older versions, and then you may be able to update to the latest one.

If not, unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with why the BIOS update files aren't working.

Driver - HP Pavilion - 15-au118ca | HP® Customer Support

Version: F.55 Rev.A

Version: F.52 Rev.A

Version: F.48 Rev.A

Version: F.46 Rev.A

Version: F.45 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixes an intermittent issue where the system battery does not recharge completely. - Provides the updated Intel CPU microcode to improve system stability and security.

Version: F.42 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixes an issue where the battery information is reported incorrectly. - Provides improved battery health when the system is connected to an AC adapter.
- Provides improved security of UEFI code.

Version: F.38 Rev.A

Version: F.36 Rev.A

HP Recommended

Thank you! This works - I had to do it in stages, starting with F.36, but I was able to update to Bios F.55. F.56 is still blocked, but at least I got the majority of the BIOS fixes loaded. 

I hadn't scrolled down far enough on the revision history to see that one could download the prior versions! 

Cheers,

Ianski

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.