cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
6 4 0 3
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

webcam doesn't work

HP Recommended
pavilion dv5 1210ez
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a big problem with my webcam. Model of my laptop is HP Pavilion dv5 1210ez. I use Windows 7 (64-bit).

I installed a driver from offical HP website and all I can see when I open some webpage that uses my webcam is logo of the driver HP MediaSmart webcam.

When I go to Device Manager in the section for webcam, it shows me a yellow exclamation mark. I tried to reinstall driver again, I try to update driver in Device Manager but it tells me that driver is already using a last version of it.

Sometimes it starts to work for some time, and one day just freezed. That takes for a few days and then webcam start to work again and then again freezed. But I need webcam which works all time. That's my problem and I need your help to fix that.

Please help me. Thanks a lot!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
72 71 8 20
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi , 

I would suggest you to get me the hardware id by following instructions inorder to try my best :

Please get into the Device Manager >> Right Click on the exclamation devices >> Select properties >> click on the details tab and provide me the Hardware ID.

Thanks 

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 3
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for answer!

I hope this is what you need!Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
72 71 8 20
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not able to view the image , Sorry .

Can you please send it again 

Thanks 

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 3
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No problem.

I think this is what you need!

USB\VID_0408&PID_03BA&REV_0109&MI_00

USB\VID_0408&PID_03BA&MI_00

Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
72 71 8 20
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would suggest you download the softpaq and get the driver for the unit :

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/HP_SDM_Setup.exe

Thanks 

I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 3
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you!

I'm little stupid for software problems and you are very good at explaining. I understand everything and solve my problem!

Thank you once more! You really done a great work by leading me through all processes of solving my software problem!

Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
72 71 8 20
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Always welcome :generic:  Happy to help 

Thanks 

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation