Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

As the previous post stated, several CQ56 models are listed as webcam-ready but require an external webcam to use the mediasmart software since they were not shipped with an internal webcam.

Webcams @ hp.com 

Also, you can view the specs for your individual laptop by going to www.hp.com/support, typing in your unit's product number in the search bar, and clicking on "Product Information". This will tell you what all came with your laptop.

Hope this helps!

If you want to give a thank you or just mark a post as helpful, you can do so by clicking the white Kudos Star!

Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'.
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

Well my computer doesn't have imaging devices under it what do i do now?

HP Recommended

i went to device manager but it never showed anything that said imaging devices could it be under another name?

HP Recommended

i GET A CODE 10 ERROR

HP Recommended

hi i just bout my laptop and im havin trouble gettin my webcam to wrk as well ..i was told that the web cam was bulit in to the computer but all i get when i try to use it is a error message sayin device not found ..can some one please help me out with issue ..thanx 

HP Recommended

It appears that I have a place on the top of my laptop screen, in the middle, that looks like a camera, except it has a plastic shaded shield over what looks like the eye. I have tried to turn on the webcam but the YouCam greeting window displayed backward, like I am looking at the mirror image of what should be there. Am I making sense or connecting to anyone? My issue is that I don't know what this means, and I don't understand how to make the camera work, or if the thing on top of the screen is just a worthless design to confuse me.

HP Recommended

My model of this laptop, precisely, compaq presario cq56-192sa came shipped with an internal webcam. After formatting and upgrading to windows 7 ultimate, the webcam stopped functioning. I have been looking everywhere online for a driver, and it is this search that brought me to this forum, still no solution.

Just wondering what HP is up to.

HP Recommended

I am having the same dang problem.

HP Recommended

i have tried that and still says that no webcam is connected

HP Recommended

I dont see imaging devices in Device Manager :(.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.