WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,786 32,908 3,069 7,570
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vonmullens 

According to what I could find, your model PC came with Windows 8.1 installed, not Windows 10.  That means you must have updated it to Windows 10 and when that happened, it carried over the older drivers as many of the Win8.1 drivers continued to work under Windows 10.

I can not find any HP Windows 10 drivers for your model, but there are others here that have access to drivers I do not.  So if one of them comes along and provides you a link to other drivers, then you will be OK.

Otherwise, you are in a really bad situation and would have to consider using HP Recovery Media (if it is till available) to restore your PC to Windows 8.1 (the upgrade to Windows 10 corrupted the HP recovery information) and then redoing the Win10 Upgrade.

HP Recovery Media is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities.

In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks. You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.

You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Once there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click "Update".

If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the "+" symbol to expand that entry and click on Order Media for details.

Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Support.

HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
vonmullens
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello and thanks for the reply

what about formatting and installing windows 8 and then going thru the upgrade process that way?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation