Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ExampleHP notebook 15-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am facing a problem of Random shut down of my laptop (win-10, 64 bit) whenever the battery falls down to 40-45 percent while using it. This issue is happening since last 10 days. I have called up one of microsoft executive and they updated some of the drivers but did't work , tried to Reset my Pc again this problem happened and now I am fed up of all this  please  help me to resolve this issue.  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@chssingh

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Is Windows shutting down or the Laptop is just powering OFF whenever battery reaches about 40%?

Please reinstall the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and check if that helps

Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter ( For Notebooks with Removable Batteries )
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter and restart

Next update the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

If the issue persists run a Battery Test again to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Power > Battery

Let me know how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem of Random shut down of my laptop hp 255 G6(win-10, 64 bit). But  whenever the battery falls down to 75-45 percent it shuts down. This issue is happening since last 10 days just after an update. Please  help me to resolve this issue.  

HP Recommended

@Ginzzan If Windows suddenly shuts down without warning, it might be caused by one of several issues.
A BIOS update can also resolve the issue: click here for steps.

Follow the steps in this section, in order, to run a hardware test to identify any issues with the device:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is the Lap top not windows who shuts down.

HP Recommended

@Ginzzan 

Yes, I understand that. Did you update the BIOS?

Let me know.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I updated Bios but it did not help. The laptop still shuts down.

HP Recommended

@chssingh

If the issue persists after BIOS update please contact HP Support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.