Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
sohaibaraien Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1. touchpad not working properly. 2.function key does not work for volume n brightness

HP Notebook - 15-ac121dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1. when i start my laptop, touchpad works fine but after a while it starts missbehaving. right click n left click work fine but cursor is out of control.i have checked if its driver is not updated but it is updated.i uninstalled its driver n installed it back but even then it is not working. i read somehwere if its touch screen is turned off then touchpad works fine but even if i turn touch screen off it does not work.

2.i dont know about other function keys but i use function keys for brightness and volume all the time. i dont know if it was last window update or what else went wrong that these function keys are not helping anymore. These keys still make a pop up sound which means keyboard buttons are working fine.

please help.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2785 144 326
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1. touchpad not working properly. 2.function key does not work for volume n brightness

Hi @sohaibaraien,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that touchpad and keyboard do not work well.

Below is a document may help to troubleshoot the touchpad problem:

HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

For the Fn key issue, reinstall the HP System Event Utility

sp76383.exe from link http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac100-Notebook-PC-series-(Touch)/8502685/model...

You can also review this document.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation