Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg0000 (172Z7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi ,

I bought the laptop on Oct 21, and this laptop freezes randomly and/or crashes to BSOD randomly  8/10 times I work on it.

I raised a case with HP, the HP support sent a motherboard for replacement but unfortunately, the issue did not reproduce when the service center representative visited. He ran some tests using HP tools which generated IDR report, where I could see several errors for "GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_TIMEOUT".

The service center did not replace the motherboard, instead gave me a solution to reinstall WIndows 10 (I am on Win 11) , see below the exact wording of resolution by HP service center:

"Troubleshooting performed by CE: Eng. check & found Customer used Win 11 suggest Please installed win 10"

I don't understand this resolution at all and to me, it seems unnecessary to reinstall full OS for a driver issue, and btw why downgrade at all to Win 10 as my laptop is listed on HP official website to support Win 11.

Anyway, this is the incompetence of HP service center, to provide such a useless resolution.

Now coming to what I have done after this, I sent several follow-ups to **bleep**india but to no response as they already closed my case.

I had to do something to get my laptop to a stable state so as per the Graphics TDR Error in the report   I uninstalled Iris Xe Graphics from Device manager and started using Microsoft default adaptor, but this is not a permanent solution,

Can someone help me to fix the issue, did someone else face a similar issue.

Regards,

Paresh

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

same problem here, sometimes its ok other days it freezes/crashes constantly. impossible to work. i suspect there is a loose connection somewhere on the motherboard because it seems worse when moving the laptop. their casings are flimsy so anything can be loose inside.. 

several other people on ms forums say re-installing win 11 does not help either, waste of time..

anyway will try and get hp to help under warranty or demand another machine as this one is useless!

HP Recommended

I also noticed the same, works fine some days and on other days , it just crashes / hangs on each boot, and it impossible to work , not to mention the frustration it causes. Waiting resolution from HP support

HP Recommended

Hp support also don't know what is wrong it seems from other posts. they even replaced a motherboard without success i have looked on the windows forums and none of the experts advice helps either. reloading windows is a waste of time. i am running on win11 pro, thought this may be the cause. My gut feeling is its a loose connection somewhere. sometimes if the keyboard or lid is moved the screen makes colourful blocks all over, indicating some hardware issue. will need to open up and check and hope the warranty is still honoured after doing so..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.