Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP envy x360 m6 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HP envy x360 m6 1 year 2 months back.As it is an expensive laptop I took very good care of it.But for my luck the left hinge broken apart two days back.I didn't even put much pressure on my laptop anytime.Now it gives me a feel like the whole screen will come off on the left side.Its really nothing of my fault.I even never dropped it  or done anything to my laptop.Then I googled about the same problem and discovered its really a very common problem with every laptop of this kind from you.I always buys only HP laptops(about 4 as of now) but this thing makes me think about it next time.There is nothing of my fault except a very poor design from you guys.I think you should recall all these laptops.This is unfair.Hope you guys do something about it without escalating it further.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@manoj94

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

@manoj94

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Wow, I just had the same issue after 1 year, 5 months after I purchased it.  The screen is about to come off the hinge, this is ashame.  What can be done about this? 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue as this person.  My Envy is working OK, but the screenis starting to separate from the metal casing at the left hinge.   I also take very good care of the Envy, and the main reason I bought this laptop is because it had a metal case and seemed robust.  I think it is out of warranty, but this seems like weak design, and I want to know what HP will do about it.

I bought an HP envy x360 m6 1 year 2 months back.As it is an expensive laptop I took very good care of it.But for my luck the left hinge broken apart two days back.I didn't even put much pressure on my laptop anytime.Now it gives me a feel like the whole screen will come off on the left side.Its really nothing of my fault.I even never dropped it  or done anything to my laptop.Then I googled about the same problem and discovered its really a very common problem with every laptop of this kind from you.I always buys only HP laptops(about 4 as of now) but this thing makes me think about it next time.There is nothing of my fault except a very poor design from you guys.I think you should recall all these laptops.This is unfair.Hope you guys do something about it without escalating it further.

HP Recommended

@Elliot2

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello 

My sceen is also coming apart.  I have not had it for two years. The hinge is broke and it does not close I do not know what happened. It was fine one day and fine that next. Can you help with this at all this seem like a on going problem 

HP Recommended

@Stj100

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

If I were you, I wouldn't wait around for HP to do anything about this.  They are useless.  They offered to have me send the laptop to wherever and be without for a couple of weeks, and most likely the repair would have been on my dime since it was out of warranty.

I ended up bringing the laptop to a small computer repair place in Kingston, NY, and they were able to fix it- I think they snapped it back in and glued it better.   It cost under $100.  They also later fixed the power button, which had gotten stuck in the off position.  All has been good for months now.  But beware of HP's!

If you can find a local crew of millenials who run a repair shop, I think that's your best bet.

HP Recommended

Hi Danny, 

I too have the exact same issue. 

My laptop 99% of the time is closed on my desk. I open it occasionaly but not very frequently.

I opened it today and heard a click, the screen had popped out on the left hand side near the hinge. What the!

It seems that this *may* be a manufacturing fault from all the posts I have read with respect to this issue.

My HP is only 4 months out of warranty. I honestly havent been rough with it or done anything that might cause this. Certainly nothing to warrant the screen to come apart. I cant believe its broken.
I wonder if HP can repair this since Im not that far out of warranty. It seems unreasonable to me that this should happen after such a short period of time. I'm an IT professional and have worked with many laptops and this is a first for me.

Can you assist me in getting this fixed?

Thanks

Steve.

HP Recommended

I have the same exact problem. Bought my

HP envy x360 about a year and a half ago, and the left bottom side of my screen was coming out. I managed with it for the time being and then yesterday, my screen randomly went black and won’t change. This is due to nothing but inexperienced production and is a situation out of my control. I called HP and they offered zero help to me and told me my charges for a fix will be about $400. I will absolutely never buy HP again and I will advise others not to as well. I am a college student and I need a dependable computer in everything I do. HP is NOT it!!!!! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.