Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Shannonduffin

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information such as serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

How did this get solved. Mine just happened and is NOT a year old.  Just picked up and heard it and when I try to move the screen it clicks and is coming apart.  Never dropped, misused..sits on floor next to my chair and pick up a few times a day..that's it..I need to know what I can do to fix this issue.  

I am sick that this laptop feels so cheap when it arrived.  I was desperate, so had to keep it.  We have had at least 8 HP, and will be checking around on my hubby's which is coming up next. 

Could someone please direct me to solve this issue, please?

HP Recommended

I had a moderator contact me and assist with getting the laptop repaired. It was a reasonably quick turn around.

I feel like it's an issue with some of the laptops and hp are able to recognize that and help rectify the problem. 

Good luck with it. I'm sure you will get good assistance shortly. 

@cpsbeems wrote:

How did this get solved. Mine just happened and is NOT a year old.  Just picked up and heard it and when I try to move the screen it clicks and is coming apart.  Never dropped, misused..sits on floor next to my chair and pick up a few times a day..that's it..I need to know what I can do to fix this issue.  

I am sick that this laptop feels so cheap when it arrived.  I was desperate, so had to keep it.  We have had at least 8 HP, and will be checking around on my hubby's which is coming up next. 

Could someone please direct me to solve this issue, please?

HP Recommended

Do you think they will see my post, as I replied to yours?  Sorry, just got on and haven't checked this page out.  🙂

HP Recommended

Yes I'm sure they will. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

Exact same issue.  Opened the screen, heard a loud crack, some tiny pieces of plastic fell out and now the bottom left corner of the screen is separated from the backing.  Bought this machine in October of 2017.  What can I do about it?

It certainly appears to be a manufacturing defect.  Just one more reason to never purchase an HP again - thought I had learned my lesson.  This is why my company only buys from Dell and will continue to do so.

HP Recommended

Hi, someone from HP replied to me and they are taking care of the issue..I am so thankful for that, it is not a year old, yet..I don't know about yours, but when I purchased mine via Internet and received, it is pretty cheaply made..the old ones were solid..you can tell the frame won't last, even the keys sound cheap.  I hope they improve their design and go back to the way they were or they won't be my first choice, next time.  As I've mentioned, we have had about 8 as near as I can figure, in our household, so I do know what I'm talking about.  Had a couple other brands, but went back to HP after each one.  

Good luck..

HP Recommended

We have had the exact same problem with our HP laptop, ours is the right hinge that came apart. The timing is interesting, since it is almost exactly the same as everyone else, 1 year, 6 months. 

This laptop is my wifes personal computer that gets used a couple times a week. Very low usage and not abused at all. 

HP Recommended

@jmossb

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information such as serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.