1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

2 external displays on HP Zbook G1 and Windows 7 32 bit

HP Recommended
Zbook 14 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi All,

I recently setup Windows 7 on a Gen 1 HP Zbook 14. It's been a while since I worked on W7 OS but the customer requires it in this case (don't ask lol).

So, I have a monitor hooked up to the VGA port and it displays video properly. 

I have a 2nd monitor (same model of monitor) hooked up via Display Port using a DP to DVI adapter and it's not displaying video. However, the monitor is showing up in the display settings of the laptop. If I connect remotely through TeamViewer, I can switch between 3 monitors and when I'm at the computer I can "move" the mouse to the 3rd display, meaning it doesn't stop at the border of the 2nd display, it let's you keep scrolling the mouse to the display that is not showing video.

Any idea why the 3rd monitor is not displaying video? I have tried other DP to VGA adapter and another monitor with same result.

On Windows 10, this laptop was able to display video simultaneously on 2 displays and the built in LCD. However I'm trying to make this work on Windows 7.

I already tried the following:

-Disabling/enabling the discrete video adapter in the BIOS

-Updating the BIOS to latest available

-Swapped DP adapters

-Swapped monitors 

I'm using 65W HP power adapter. Maybe I need a higher power adapter??

Or do I need an active DP adapter (not passive)?

Any ideas would be helpful at this point. It's been so long since I worked on W7 OS.

Thanks!!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation