Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Zbook 14 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi All,

I recently setup Windows 7 on a Gen 1 HP Zbook 14. It's been a while since I worked on W7 OS but the customer requires it in this case (don't ask lol).

So, I have a monitor hooked up to the VGA port and it displays video properly. 

I have a 2nd monitor (same model of monitor) hooked up via Display Port using a DP to DVI adapter and it's not displaying video. However, the monitor is showing up in the display settings of the laptop. If I connect remotely through TeamViewer, I can switch between 3 monitors and when I'm at the computer I can "move" the mouse to the 3rd display, meaning it doesn't stop at the border of the 2nd display, it let's you keep scrolling the mouse to the display that is not showing video.

Any idea why the 3rd monitor is not displaying video? I have tried other DP to VGA adapter and another monitor with same result.

On Windows 10, this laptop was able to display video simultaneously on 2 displays and the built in LCD. However I'm trying to make this work on Windows 7.

I already tried the following:

-Disabling/enabling the discrete video adapter in the BIOS

-Updating the BIOS to latest available

-Swapped DP adapters

-Swapped monitors 

I'm using 65W HP power adapter. Maybe I need a higher power adapter??

Or do I need an active DP adapter (not passive)?

Any ideas would be helpful at this point. It's been so long since I worked on W7 OS.

Thanks!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.