Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-ad154nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening community,

I recently purchased a USB-C compatible 4K screen,  and I cannot get the 4K resolution through the USB-C port directly (but FullHD works, although a bit blurry). However, if I put an adapter USB-C to HDMI and connect to the screen with HDMI, the 4K works fine. I had to update the graphics drivers first, but it works. 

I updated pretty much everything I could, restarted a few times but still doesn't work. Also when I am connected directly with USB-C , I tried to go to the settings to increase the resolution: I can select the 4K, then there is the usual "screen update" and a pop-up asking you if you want to confirm the changes, I confirm but it remains on the FullHD.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks,

Alexis

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Alexis6 

How do you connect them ? Please check your adapter/cable.  DP 1.2 should give you up to 3840 x 2160 pixels, at a refresh rate of 60 Hz

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

Thanks for your answer and sorry for the late reply, the problem is still not solved.

I use the USB C to USB C cable from the screen provider. As this is a 4K screen, I have little doubt that it is 4K compatible. As a temporary fix, I now use an USB C to HDMI adapter and it works. I thought the issue came from the graphics drivers but I updated and it still does not work.

Kind regards,

Alexis

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.