cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSDynamic
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

4k Screen Flickering on HP Spectre x360 13-ac0XX (Solved)

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-ac0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had this laptop for years now and only just solved the constant flickering problem... I had updated to all of HP's 'supported' Intel HD Graphics drivers and none of them worked: The screen randomly flickered and external monitors would actually shut off for 5-10 seconds at a time. THe problem was even more pronounced when scrolling websites and streaming movies, causing the screen to flicker nearly ever few seconds.  When I started using an HP ENVY laptop that did the EXACT same thing, I became suspicious of the official drivers. 

The solution was simple: Download an Intel HD Driver set from INTEL, not HP.  I happened to use the DCH 27.20.100.9316 version and it worked on both the x360 Spectre 13 and the Envy 15" laptop. 

Now that I've updated this driver, the laptop screen NEVER flickers and the external screen hasn't shut off yet, and it's been over 3 months since the updated driver. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation