Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy 17t-n000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Does anyone know if there's a 4k UHD screen that would fit/work with an HP Envy 17t-n000 laptop? I bought this laptop in early 2016, and then upgraded to an Acer Predator 17 laptop last year, for which I purchased and installed a 4k UHD screen on (that screen was optional on some Predator 17 models, but mine originally came with just a full HD screen).

However, I'm very unhappy with Windows 10, which the Acer came with. I tried installing Windows 7 on it recently, but no matter what I did, it froze each time during setup, and would never go any further than that. So, I gave up & put Windows 10 back on it. I still have my HP laptop sitting in my bedroom closet (I was going to sell it, but never yet got around to buying a new battery I think it needs), and I'm considering going back to it, so I can use Windows 7, but would really miss that 4k screen!

Anyone know if there's one available & compatible with my Envy 17t-n000?

Thanks,

Dennis

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GT_46L 

The series only has ONE option

16:9 Ultra Wide Aspect Ratio (43.9-cm 17.3in), FHD, WLED, SVA, Antiglare (1920×1080) flat 4.0 mm, typical brightness: UWVA, eDP300 nits (touch panel)

as mentioned on page  1 of the following manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04696907.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.