Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 15bw522ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought HP 15 bw522ur few days ago and few days Im trying to install drivers for discrete graphics card AMD Radeon 530. I have reinstalled Windows and drivers for my laptop from official HP site few times but still it identified as Radeon 535dx or R7 M340. 
(Driver that I used - AMD High-Definition R5/R7 - Bristol Ridge (Windows 10 v1803) downloaded from https://support.hp.com/ua-ru/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-bw500-laptop-pc/17062204/model/17505005 )

Other drivers from this link installed correctly, integrated Radeon R5 works normal too. (Processor AMD A10-9620p)

Also I have found few same problems with HP 15 bw563ur and bw 564ur on this forum and all recomendations for them are not help me.

1) I have updated BIOS driver firstly and then installed video card driver - not help

2) I have used automated driver installation from official HP web site(HP Support Assistant) - not help
3)  I have used AMD drivers from their web-site but discrete graphics card identified now as r7 340 (It is not recommended but I must try) - so not help again

I am going to fully reinstall Windows again and make all the steps from the very beginning, so PLEASE give me correct sequence of drivers installation and may be link to download driver especially for AMD Radeon 530?

Thank you very much in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ArturTimofeev,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums! I see from your post that you are having issues related to graphics. Don't worry we'll work together to help you resolve this issue.

Splendid effort and fabulous description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score.  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, and found that you've covered all relevant steps. In this scenario, I would suggest you try update the drivers from device manager. 

In the device manager, you should see the correct driver which is AMD 530.

I recommend you try the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

To update the driver with Windows Update:

1. Connect the computer to the internet.
  2. Click on Start.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Select Update & security.
  5. Select Windows Updates.
  6. Select Check for updates.
  7. Windows Update will download and install the drivers automatically.

To update the driver in Device Manager:

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Locate the AMD VGA device.
  3. Right click on the AMD VGA device.
  4. Select Update Driver Software.
  5. Follow the on onscreen instructions to update the driver.
  6. Close Device Manager when the driver update is complete.

Once done, restart the computer. 

If the issue persists, I would suggest you perform Microsoft push button reset on the PC. Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This can be done either while preserving your personal data and customizations, or removing all your personal data.

If the issue persists, I would suggest the next step would be to perform a system recovery using the partition available on your PC. 

Doing this will wipe off everything and set the computer back to the original factory conditions. So, please remember to back up your data before initiating system recovery. If for some reason the recovery fails. The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive.

I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

(The reason we are utilizing the private message now, is because the instructions are critical).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

its doesnt hepls. anyway 535dx
:HalfEyes:

HP Recommended

Do you have another solution?Maybe I need to reinstall Windows with another build?

HP Recommended

@ArturTimofeev,

Thank you for replying,

I would personally suggest you try to perform a recovery using the recovery media. I would recommend you follow the link from the previous post to order a set of recovery media for your PC.

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ArturTimofeev,

Hello my friend!

I had this issue on Windows 10.

You should have used AMD Cleanup Utility before installing the GPU Driver from another source and not manually uninstalling it through device manager.

If it didn't work, we should ask HP for a more compatible driver, since this issue doesn't exist on Windows 7! (Fortunately, it's possible to install the GPU driver that is not labled with windows 10's build version, on Windows 7. However, Windows 7 support will end on January 2020. Besides, we are waiting for HP support to release AMD Adrenaline drivers.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.