Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (424 Views)

7690m xt driver

Product Name: Hp pavilion dv6 6c65se
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hello .
My hardware are:
Amd radeon hd 7690m xt + intell hd 3000
2nd gen cpu i7 2670qm
Ram 8 ddr3
750 hdd hard drive

Problem:
After i change my windows for refreshing system i can't install gpu driver i downloaded it from hp but after install my screen is freezes on starting windows logo and do nothing and i can just restore windows and work whitout graphic. I wanted to try newest version of driver and i downloaded it from amd site but amd install manager is detect my 7960m xt to 6700m series and install wrong driver and its not working my previous and my new windows are win7 ultimate 64 and i didn't have any proplem with drivers and i could play everygame without startup problem

How can i do??
Please upload a new driver for my switchable graphic....
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (377 Views)

Re: 7690m xt driver

@Amin_ah81

Peace be unto you,

Welcome to the HP Forums :)

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand you need the latest driver available for your AMD graphics card, is that right?

If yes, no worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Have you attempted to download it from the official HP Website or the AMD website?

You've mentioned that you've changed the OS, does this mean you are using a retail copy of windows or is it the HP Supplied (OEM) windows?

Did you upgrade or make any recent hardware changes? why did you reinstall the windows, any particular reason? I'm just curious on this question. ;)

In the meantime, here's what you need to know:

HP doesn't support retail version of windows and hence, you'll need to go back to the HP supplied OS for further support from HP, make use of the recovery media to reinstall the OS: Click here for details as it contains the original drivers and software that should resolve these issues.

Also, if you have issues finding the latest drivers on the HP website, you can always download the latest driver available at the AMD website as they are the manufacturers of the graphics card: Click here to utilize the AMD driver detection utility.

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation