Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

840 G3 Touchpad and Pointing Stick Issues, Windows 7

EliteBook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm seeing four issues with my TouchPad, TouchStyk and mouse buttons on my 840 G3 under Windows 7:

1.  After a few minutes of use, the TouchStyk seems to get "stiff" and the cursor will drift on its own after releasing the TouchStyk

2.  Occasionally when I press the right mouse button, it takes the action as if the left mouse button was pressed

3.  Occasionally with the cursor over a vertical scroll bar and left mouse button clicked, I cannot scroll using the Touchpad and only the TouchStyk can initiate scrolling.

4. Sometimes with the cursor hovering over a link, the browser will jump to the link even though no mouse button was pressed.  ("ghost click").  There are more symptoms of ghost clicks.  I'll be moving around a browser window and in response to my touchpad finger motion, the browser zoom level might change.  Or suddenly the browser window might jump somewhere else.  Very annoying.

An external mouse works fine, no issues.

I updated the Synaptics driver and laptop BIOS to the latest with no difference seen.

Thanks for any help!

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation