Intern
Intern
13 9 2 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A comment on HP's support

Spectre 13-4193DX

This is a simple statement about the support I received from HP's phone support.  I had a HP Spectre with a cracked display.  The video output was fine but touchscreen support did not work.  I called up HP to find out if the glass could be replaced without needing to replace the LCD.  I was assured this was doable.  I got the glass panel and proceeded to take apart the laptop.  What HP failed to inform me about is the glass panel is glued directly to the LCD making it all but impossible to remove.  So at this point I've damaged the entire display assembly so much that it is no longer usable and instead of a $90 part, I'm forced to get a $250 part.

This is not to say that HP is always providing insufficient information.  I've had plenty of decent dealings with them in the past and appreciate their support.  However in the future I would expect such details about a repair be offered up rather than me finding out after I've damaged the computer more than in necessary. 

1 REPLY 1
17490 12904 245 973
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A comment on HP's support

@Alex473x

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation