Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion DV7-6b01ed
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Yesterday did i reinstall windows 10 on my laptop. Everything was working fine, but i wanted to make a clean install before i went on vacation. (last install of windows was 6 months ago when i upgraded to SSD).

After installing windows and all games and programs, i started Mortal Kombat 9 on steam and it worked fine. Afther that i tried to open Battlefield 4 (which Always worked fine on my laptop on low settings), but i got an error saying: intel HD 3000 does not support direct x 10. But i already have directx 12 installed.

I reinstalled windows 10 a few times. I deleted and reinstalled amd driver a couple times, and still the same error.

I uninstalled AMD again and tried to play Battlefield 4, and it really started the game on intel HD 3000 graphics. Very slow but it just did. So My laptop detects the AMD graphics, but when i start a game it does not see or start with it. I tried to use the settings in switchable graphics but still no change.

Does anybody know what I can do else?

PS:

I tried installing 3 diffrent versions of amd driver, and same error with every version.

UPDATE: Direct 3d related

I ran a bench test on my laptop and i got this error:

zzzzz.PNGxxxx.PNG

Laptop Specs:

HP Pavilion DV7-6b01ed (build 2011)

Windows 10 home 64bits

kingston SSD a400

Memory 12gb

Intel i5-2430m 2,40ghz

Intel HD 3000 graphics + Radeon HD 7400M

32423423.PNGasdasd.PNGKnipsel.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Cengize16
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. 

As you've performed all the relevant troubleshooting steps and still unable to play Battlefield 4, this is because your computer does not meet the minimum requirements for playing Battlefield 4 game. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it does not help to solve my problem. İ am able to play battlefield 4 since 2014 on this laptop (on win7 and 10) without any problems on low settings.

The problem is that the radeon HD 7400m graphic driver is not functioning at all. İ can see it in the device manager, but the programs and gamea i run cannot see it. They are only able to see intel hd 3000. İ tried using switchable grapgic settings for higer performance, but i keep getting the same error.

HP Recommended

@Cengize16
Let's try graphic driver rollback. 

1. Open Device Manager, click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager
  2. Expand Display Adapters
  3. Double-click on your Intel® display device
  4. Select the Driver tab
  5. Click Roll Back Driver to restore.

If this fails, try this link "Go Back to a Previous Version of Windows" (Windows 10)
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.