Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Marko91 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AMD Radeon HD/Intel switchable graphics

I have the same problem when i was on windows 7 i can see in my display adapter that its AMD i upgraded to windows 10

its say Intel HD Graphics  http://imgur.com/Ay2df9X 

and i tried to see the amd control panel i suddenly found the it is disabled ...  and no display connected to it  http://imgur.com/a/jB6CU 

Please help me this laptop is new and im so scared something happened to the AMD card 

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
14067 1329 3151
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AMD Radeon HD/Intel switchable graphics

Marko91

HP laptops, especially the older Win7 machines, often came with two different graphics chips -- and Intel and then, either an AMD or Nvidia.  This was known as Switchable Graphics or Hybrid Graphics.  You ran using the Intel chip most of the time, but when you needed extra graphics power, like in Gaming, the PC automatically switched over to using the AMD or Nvidia graphics chip.

Problem is, this requires special graphics drivers to work, and while those came preinstalled on the Win7 laptops, those drivers simply do not exist for Win10.  Those drivers are not available from Intel, AMD, or Nvidia.  A way to tell if your PC has two different graphics chips is to look in Device Manager under Display Adapters.  If there are two different adapters listed, one Intel and one AMD/Nividia, then you have this problem -- and if you force an upgrade to Win10, you will have serious graphics problems and your machine will not work.

Please follow these directions to find the detailed product number for your laptop:  Finding Your HP Product Model Number | HP® Customer Support

With that information, I can see if there are HP Win10 vide drivers for your laptop.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation