1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AMD Radeon R5 M255 GPU not detected in device manager

ProBook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi All,

i recently had to do a format and clean install. i have been having countless problems with graphics card (AMD R5 M255) to the point where i have probably reinstalled the drivers a million times.

Today however the GPU no longer shows up in the device manager, i have tried installing the drivers but the crimson software no longer picks up the graphics card so it doesnt install the drivers.

I cleaned the drivers off the pc with the AMD driver cleanup utility as well as DDU. i also had a technician out yesterday and they replaced the entire system board on the laptop, so everything is brand new. the GPU was being picked up prior to my idiotic cleaning of the drivers with DDU.

1 REPLY 1
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
72 71 8 19
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AMD Radeon R5 M255 GPU not detected in device manager

Hi , 

Try placing your card in a different PCI-E slot or reseating in existing slot if you only have one . 

Reboot your computer, get into the Bios by tapping F10 and make sure primary video is set to your add on card not built in, save and reboot.

As long as your monitor is plugged into AMD card it should come up and Windows should detect new hardware and reinstall as long as it sees the card. If control panel hardware does not see the card then the card could be trashed and the only way to test that is if you can put the card in a different machine and that machine detects it correctly.

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation