Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

It's been awhile since I've tried updating any software and drivers mainly due to the premise "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" because when I try, usually something breaks. And here I am, I tried running a new game (COD Warzone) and wanted to update Video drivers. What are the newest drivers I can run on my Machine and how to install them? Here's what I've done so far:

1. I had the stock drivers, I believe version 14.x., that came with the laptop, in C:/System/SWSetup/SP70475 is where the Catalyst Control Center setup can be found.

2. I looked up on the AMD site via GPU, it told me Catalyst Control Center is retired, download AMD Adrenaline 2020. I downloaded, isntalled by doing clean install. Started computer, and AMD systray icon stated "AMD Display driver not found or this is not the appropriate driver". System restore.

3. Downloaded AMD auto-detect tool. Again, it recommended similar driver - not the latest, but previous version which was stable (from Dec 2020). Install, boot, same error. This time there was no system restore available. Just uninstall.

4. Went to a site driveridentifier.com, installed their tool and it told me best driver is sp92097which I downloaded. Installed. Again, it wasn't working.

5. Now these processes switched on Windows update (which I had turned off years ago, Win7 is outdated anyway) and for the last 2 days I've been running updates. Win Update found a driver for my AMD and installed it:

---

When check sys information:

netizen-vr_0-1610396729182.png

This is what I see. However, I don't think the AMD driver is working properly, but just my Intel, because I just ran a benchmark test from "https://www.userbenchmark.com" and it stated:
           WARN: skipping AMD Radeon R5 M255 - unable to locate attached display
(whole report is here: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38320351)
At the same time I don't have a Catalyst Control Center or anything by AMD on my laptop.

Where do I go from here? Do  I revert to original AMD driver, or is there a newer one  I can install ...and how?

Thank you!

-Miroslav

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.