Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (209 Views)

AMD graphics card and intel hd 4000 not working properly nad also dedicated memory shows 32mb

[ Edited ]
Product Name: hp pavilion 15 e016tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  1.  gpu 1 (AMD ) is only working while gpu 2intel is always at 0% with 100mb memory usage i checked it with after burner  gpu 1usage 100%
       gpu 2 usage 0%
    earlier this problem was not there . it suddenly starter and my fps in games also droped earlier i used to get 25-30 fps in end games now i get 15-20 fps.
  2. 1.png
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 8 (163 Views)

Re: AMD graphics card and intel hd 4000 not working properly nad also dedicated memory shows 32mb

Hi @aditya_kumar25

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the FPS drops when you play games on your computer.

I’d love to help!

Follow below steps and check if it helps.

Right-click on the battery in the lower right corner of desktop and click on power options. In the windows that opens set the power plan to high performance. 

Click on change plan settings and then click on change advanced power settings. Make sure that in drop down menu you choose high performance. Now look at the settings in this windows and make sure the essential gaming devices such as video card are set to high performance even when on battery power. 

Save all the settings and remember you will be using the battery much heavier so it will last a lot less.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care Smiley Happy

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (143 Views)

Re: AMD graphics card and intel hd 4000 not working properly nad also dedicated memory shows 32mb

it was already at high performance .
everything is set to high performance.
when ussing afterburner stats i find out that amd gpu 1 is been used 100%
whereas intel is been used just 5%
and cpu usage is 45%.

my dedicated memory is also showing as 32mb . dont know why even i have a 2048mb graphics cards.
please help

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 8 (125 Views)

Hi @aditya_kumar25

I would like to inform you that the video memory on your computer is system managed and we cannot change it. 

HP doesn't recommend using 3rd party tools like afterburner to overclock the CPU or Monitor the GPU status.

I would like to know which power adapter you are using and the capacity of the power adapter. 

Let me know the above information for providing you a more accurate solution.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (112 Views)

am using the hp provided adapter 90W .
using any graphics monitoring software i find out that only AMD is being used where as Intel remains at 0% usage hence the low fps.
please resolve fast .
wanna play the games .

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 8 (109 Views)

Hi @aditya_kumar25

I recommend you to try using a higher capacity adapter and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 7 of 8 (99 Views)

tried with a powerful adapter same problem.
i thnik there is some setting problem.
before i insatll intel driver total video memory was 4100(aproxx) and after installation it changes to 1700(aprox)
and also only 70 mb is used in games . Smiley Sad 
amd is working fine 1600mb out of 2048 used.
but intel is the cause of the problem. 
please help.

HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 8 (86 Views)

Hi @aditya_kumar25

I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Enter Product number or select to auto detects
Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation