Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Teacher
Teacher
77 4 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Graphics (switchable)

I plan to try to install Windows 10 on my HD42xx/HD5470 based HP laptop.

Does anybody have any experience with that yet?

4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
14032 1327 3147
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Evgeniy64

That's probably NOT going to work because the ONLY drivers that will work on PCs with Switchable Graphics are those provided by the OEM -- in this case, HP.  If HP does not have Win10 drivers for your model PC, the Upgrade will be a disaster.

If you can, please follow the directions in this link to find the detailed product number of your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

If that is not possible, then look for a sticker on the PC that includes the product number and post that here.  If the battery is removable, the sticker is likely to be in the battery compartment.

With this information, I can check to see if there are HP Win10 drivers for your PC.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
77 4 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am sure there is no drivers for my laptop for both Windows 8 and Windows 10 on HP.com.

The laptop model is Pavilion dm3-2015er.

Even if it is not possible to get the graphics switchable, would it be possible just to use any of the video adaptors of my laptop on Windows 10?1d118a187f-8381-4771-ad04-3a16f7951797_cr.png

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
14032 1327 3147
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem you will be up against is if the Win7 drivers don't work (and they usually do NOT), then MS will install a generic driver and that will work poorly, if at all.

Without Win10 video drivers, upgrading to Win10 on a laptop is as really BAD idea!

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
77 4 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes
I plan to play with it a few days more and then get back to Win 8.1
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation