Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AUO Touchscreen Firmware installer doesn't work, touchscreen not working

Sleekbook HP Pavilion 14-f004l
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

So I've had this happen countless times. The touchscreen stops working. The laptop is in perfect conditions. The screen, not even a scratch. I format the laptop, it still doesn' work. So, I've always fixed it by installing the AUO Touchscreen Firmware/ sp63116.exe from:

http://support.hp.com/mx-es/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-14-f000-sleekbook/5375393/model/5403360#...

My problem atm is that this time, that process isn't working. The installer opens, installs the thing, then the program opens and immediately closes. This prompts windows to ask me if the driver installed correctly or that if it should attempt to install under a compatibility mode. No matter which I choose, it still does the same thing. It won't stay open for more than 1 second. 

I've restored my laptop to factory presets a couple times already and the touchscreen isn't working yet because the driver/program/wizard thingy refuses to stay open after it is done installing.

Can anybody help me? Perhaps share a different version of the installer?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Alan_Ro_95,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I read your post about the Touch Screen issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you are having a hard time installing the AUO Touchscreen Firmware Update.

First, you can try performing a System Restore, to set the notebook back to its previous working state.  If you are still having trouble, then try restoring the BIOS to its default settings.  You can use the document here to help: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Alan_Ro_95 Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for answering. As I said in the OP, I've already restored the laptop to factory presets. I do not have previous states saved for restoring. 

I might try doing the BIOS restoring. My question is, ¿does it format the pc too(files, programs,etc)? 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Alan_Ro_95,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Restoring the BIOS will not format the PC.  Once the BIOS is restored, it should check the hardware on the system.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Willem62 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What can i do to solve this problem?  I already renewed the pc,system?  Might a Bios update solve this, or is this dangerous?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation