Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AUO Touchscreen Firmware installer doesn't work, touchscreen not working

SOme info about the laptop. 

Product Name: Sleekbook HP Pavilion 14-f004l
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I've had this problem a couple times already. The touchscreen stops working sporadically and the only way to make it work again is installing the  AUO Touchscreen Firmware/ sp63116.exe driver from this site. 
however this last time I've run into quite the weird problem. The driver installer CLOSES INMEDIATELY BEFORE I CAN DO ANYTHING 

A couple months ago I posted this:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/AUO-Touchscreen-Firmware-installer-doe...

Since then due to time constrains and schoolwork, I did not attempt to restore the BIOS until today.

Today I restored the BIOS, followed all procedures they gave me, and the installer for the Touchscreen firmware does the following:

-Runs

-Asks for permission

-Install it

-Finishes installing

-Runs the program's window

-Inmediately closes, I can't even click on anything because it flashes for a second and disappears.

I've already restored the laptop to factory presets. The installer DOES THE SAME THING

Restored the BIOS. The installer DOES THE SAME THING

So please, do not tell me to restore the laptop. I've done it already. Doesn't work. Same thing for the BIOS. Nothing. 

Can anyone help me? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Alan_Ro_95 Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bump. I could really use some help here.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7771 6909 449 841
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Alan_Ro_95,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you have tried installing the Touchscreen software and the installer is not staying open.  I am happy to assist you with this.

I read through the other series of posts you had on this, and it is a bit strange what is happening when you try this when it had previously worked.  So if I understand correctly the Touchscreen does not work at all immediately after you do a Factory Reset, when it is loading the factory image and drivers?

Have you gone into the BIOS and performed all the diagnostic tests to see if a component is failing?  Try out the steps in this document, in order, and see if there is any change: HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 😎  you can skip the last step which would be another factory recovery.  Incidentally, are you using the built in Recovery partition, or a set of recovery media?

Please let me know the results of all the tests, and yes I would recommend doing all of them, just in case the issue you are seeing is a board or memory issue.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Alan_Ro_95 Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for answering.  This is quite the problem. It's kinda frustrating to be honest.

I've done a couple factory resets when I posted the original message a couple months back. Yesterday after attempting the BIOS restore I tried another factory reset. The touchscreen doesn't work after the factory reset.

What I can't understand is seeing the driver installer finish just fine, and the program that runs after its done is there for a second and closes inmediately. 

I want to try the BIOS diagnostics, how can I do this? To be quite honest, I did the BIOS reset yesterday and that was it, didn't mingle around in the BIOS after that was done.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7771 6909 449 841
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No worries. The information on the hardware diagnostics is in the document I linked. HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 😎. It is in Step 4 , under the section "Screen does not respond to touch or responds intermittently.

I would still do the 3 steps before that though. You never know.  I am a bit concerned about the fact it is not working straight off the factory reset though, because it should.

Let me know what you find, or if there is progress.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation