Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is my first HP computer so I don't know HP at all. I've always had acer laptops just decided to try something else.

On to the question, why does my HP show an Acer screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and sharing the screenshot. Did you transfer the files or settings from your old computer? Acer screenshot is the wallpaper on your computer. Recommend you to click on the Windows button and select Settings and Select personalization on the settings window. There you have an option to change the wallpaper or the theme. As you have mentioned that you use Onedrive. The photos on Onedrive could have added the photos synced on the Onedrive. 

If you are using Windows 10 for the first time. Please refer to this Microsoft article to learn more about Windows 10. You can also refer to this HP Article for assistance in changing the wallpaper.

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Greetings @JJP01,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting an HP logo on your Acer screen. Happy to help. 

Request you to provide the product number of your computer?

Can you explain how have you setup your computer?

What are the peripherals connected to your computer?

Awaiting your reply. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry but that is backwards, I have an acer logo on my hp screen. for set up I just turned it on did updates and went from there.

model 15-ay039wm

I have nothing connected to it.

HP Recommended

@JJP01, thanks for your response and time.

As you mentioned that you have not connected any peripherals to your PC.

I would suggest you try updating the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Please update the BIOS using this link.

Let me know the outcome.

Hope you have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks did it and still have the same screen

Could this be something with windows 10

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing the product details. Would it be possible for you to share a photo of the computer with the ACER logo?

Based on the specifications of your computer, there is not ACER part listed. 

Awaiting the screenshot, to look into this further. 

May I know where was the notebook purchased.

Have you connected your notebook to an external ACER monitor?

Was the notebook screen replaced by anyone?

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It was purchased brand new at wal mart so nobody has replaced the screen. Have not had it connected to anything so external monitor is not possible. I'm thinking maybe onedrive has something to do with it? Thanks for helping though, hope this helps.

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and sharing the screenshot. Did you transfer the files or settings from your old computer? Acer screenshot is the wallpaper on your computer. Recommend you to click on the Windows button and select Settings and Select personalization on the settings window. There you have an option to change the wallpaper or the theme. As you have mentioned that you use Onedrive. The photos on Onedrive could have added the photos synced on the Onedrive. 

If you are using Windows 10 for the first time. Please refer to this Microsoft article to learn more about Windows 10. You can also refer to this HP Article for assistance in changing the wallpaper.

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That'll work. Thanks for your time and help.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved. Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.