Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 13-s192nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why are so many links to information non-existent, especially when I see so many with exact same questions! Where in the heck can I find active stylus compatibility chart? I found 2 possible options after days of searching but they are cost prohibitive. Not to mention. The article I found listing those 2 pens is 2 yrs old so I'm sure there are more affordable options. This was my first HP. Given such a lack of information from HP means it will be my last. I'm not hopeful for getting an answer but I figure I'll give it one more shot before I just buy a new non-Hp pc

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MichelleLMurray

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know the compatible stylus pen for your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

As per the service guide for your computer there no compatible stylus pen listed for your computer. However, I recommend you contact support and check once.

Below is the link to the service guide for your computer.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04825536.pdf

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yeah, well HP doesn't want to help customers unless you have an active warranty. I can't get access to HP support, I've tried but they won't even answer a question like this without warranty support. Further reason my next laptop, which I'm due for soon...won't be a POS HP. As for the guide, considering this laptop came out in 2016 and it's 2021, I'm pretty sure a pen has been made that is compatible. 

Sadly, you're a support agent and you gave me information that you know won't help me and apparently can't find an answer. So very sad that HP doesn't care about customers and future business. 

HP Recommended

And you didn't read what I wrote. I did find 2 compatible pens listed by HP in some obscure  corner of the net without the benefit of an internal HP knowledge base. I also asked why HP hasn't updated a compatibility list since so many people have the same question. The link is dead and has been for years. Yet, HP does nothing on such a simple thing. HP is begging to go out of business.

HP Recommended

@MichelleLMurray

If any stylus pen is supported, then it will be listed in the service guide. If there is no stylus pen listed it means that your computer doesn't support a stylus pen. You can use another compatible stylus that may or may not work with your computer.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.