Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 -13,3"-I7 8550
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I bought Spectre X360 ,13.3" , I7 few days ago and i noticed that the active pen is skipping from time to time and stop responding for few seconds and before start working again.

I updated the driver and BIOS And frimware to the latest version but stil the problem.

Before This machine i had Surface Pro and i did not face this issue before.

Is it normal or is it software or hardware problem ?

Thanks

M. Sayed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

At the end i contacted HP And replaced the unit by new one because still i am in the first month

M. Sayed

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

This is Video to explain the issue

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yIQvtTlfkySIE2FbIqOM6hX-NZX1Ybd0

Thanks

M. Sayed
HP Recommended

Hi @msafattah

Welcome to HP Forums! 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

This seems to be an issue with the Stylus. I am sending you a private message with the next course of action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Have a wonderful day!

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

@ ..Thank you for you response

I tried the same pen with Surface Pro but it works perfectly without any issue.

I tried different styluses and i get the same issues.

Do you think it is compatibility issue with windows 10 build 1803 and this version of Pen?

or hardware problem.

M. Sayed
HP Recommended

Hi @msafattah

Thanks for getting back. I was in an assumption that you were using a different stylus with your Surface Pro. Thanks for this update.

We need to check if this is something to do with the operating system or the driver.

Step 1: Windows Update

Click on Start and type Settings > Click on Settings Update & Security settings > Windows Update.

Here, press on the Check for updates button.

If any updates are available, they will be offered to you.

If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, it means that you have all the updates that are currently available for your system.

Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touchscreen driver in Device Manager

• In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  • Expand the Human Interface Devices list.
  • Right-click the touchscreen device, and then click Uninstall

• Restart the computer to reinstall the touchscreen driver. Check if you have this issue. If yes, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Configure the pen input

• In Windows, search for and open Calibrate the screen for pen and touch input.

• On the Display tab, click Setup.

• Click Pen input
  • Follow the on-screen directions and check if this helps you fix the issue.

Keep me informed if you have any issues.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow.

Have a wonderful day!

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

M. Sayed
HP Recommended

@msafattah

Thanks for getting back to us. Appreciate you trying the troubleshooting steps. You were interacting with @MathewT but he is out of the office. Don't worry, I'll take it further from here. 

Have you also tried updating the computer as suggested previously? If you have not, please try these steps -

Step 1 Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Let me know how that goes. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Asmita

Thanks for your support.

I tried all the stated above steps .There is some improvement but still the issue exist.I am wondering if this hardware issue.

Most properly not hardware but just wondering. I searched in the web and i found many cases reported like this,

I hope to find solution for this annoying issue.

Please help 

This is link for another video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PVp6as1BhKdMC_3J6naZ0w2ZGOM7XKaB/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

M. Sayed
HP Recommended

Hi @msafattah

I will take this forward. For further course of action, check your private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Cheers

MathewT

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

At the end i contacted HP And replaced the unit by new one because still i am in the first month

M. Sayed
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.