Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 PC n070-sr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a problem with adaptive brightness, which reduces brightness on a dark background and increases on a light background, it is very annoying to the eyes, it interferes with work and not only, there is no “Adaptive brightness” item in the power settings, for some time it turned off through the command line, now does not turn off even through it. Thank you.

Здравствуйте, у меня проблема с адаптивной яркостью, которая снижает яркость на темном фоне и увеличивается на светлом, это очень раздражает глаза, мешает при работе и не только, в настройках питания нет пункта «Адаптивная яркость»,  одно время она отключалась через командную строку, теперь не отключается даже через нее. Спасибо.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Baddarorn,

I can't seem to find the specifications for your laptop so I can't verify if you have an Intel or AMD processor but I'm going to assume you have an Intel processor. Let me know if you have have an AMD CPU instead.

Please try the following steps. Please note that the steps below may vary depending on configurations:

• Right-click the Desktop and select Intel Graphics Control Panel or search and open Intel Graphics Control Panel 
  • Navigate to Power
  • Disable Display Power Saving Technology

The wording may vary but it's something along the lines of that. I've verified that this works on my own laptops.

Hopefully, that answers your question.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Hello, @EddyK!
Thanks for your reply! Yes, you’re right, I have an Intel Core i5 processor, but when I go to the Intel Graphics Control Panel settings and in the Power tab in the "Works from an electric network" section, there are no additional settings except for choosing a mode, in particular, "maximum operating time batteries" , "balanced mode" and "maximum performance" , "maximum performance" was turned on, but I found the setting "display energy-saving technology" in the "Battery-powered" tab, which was disabled. Despite the fact that my laptop is always on charge, I rarely use it without it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.