Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Docdages Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Adding a second monitor works then 2nd monitor goes black

HP - 15 Touch Screen Laptop

I am working on my sister-in-law's laptop attempting to connect a 2nd monitor.  I have just replaced her RAM to 8 GIG (factory was 4 GIG)  and thought it would be easy to just hook up this second monitor.  We purchased a DVI to HDMI cable, hook the cable up to the monitor. Make sure there was power to the monitor.  Then I change the display settings to mirror the displays.  The second monitor turns on and shows the display however it in a split second turns black.  Power is still on for the 2nd display however it just displays black.    The graphic card I have in the HP-15 touch screen is the amd radeon (tm) r4 graphics.  I am wondering if I turn off the touch screen ability would it work or if anyone has any tips to get this second display to work please let me know.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1898
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Adding a second monitor works then 2nd monitor goes black

Hi @Docdages,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. It is very important when posting to include your precise model and your operating system to help the community to help you.

What is your model of HP 15 Touchsmart?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? 

What is your operating system?

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you run the HP Support Assistant ?

Have you tried running the Windows troubleshooter?

What is the model of your second display?

In the meantime one of these may help.

HP Notebook PCs - Connecting a Monitor, Projector, or TV (Windows 10, 8)

HP Notebook PCs - Connecting a Monitor, Projector or TV (Windows 7)

Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation