Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP Spectre X360 with a built in TrueVision FHD camera.

The colors are not rendered correctly on this webcam.  A green shirt looks purple / red

I can't seem to find any built in software that allows me to control the camera colors, brightness etc.

HP wants me to mail my computer somewhere for 9 days so that they can examine the problem. But I really can't  be without it for 9 days.

I downloaded a program called YouCam, but it was useless for this purpose.

How can I make adjustments to this camera??

41 REPLIES 41
HP Recommended

@Jones6

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are having getting issues with webcam on your laptop. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,
  • When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile:

• Use native camera app in windows and check if you still getting same issue.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Sandy, and thanks for your interest.

This Spectre X360 computer is new, and I tried to use the camera for the first time a few days ago.

The color is rendered incorrectly in the 'camera' application that came with the system, and I had the same problem using Internet Explorer and Google Hangouts. Dark green and dark brown come out looking purple.

I did an HP support chat with some fellow who deleted and then reloaded the camera driver - but this did not work. His plan is for me to mail the computer someplace for a week or two and hope that it comes back fixed.

Aby help / ideas would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

p.s. - no hardware changes

HP Recommended

@Jones6

Thanks for the reply.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

Yes you might have to mail the printer to the service center as suggested by HP Support.

They will definitely fix the issue and mail it back to you.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello-- I seem to be having a similar problem with my Spectre x360 and the color distortion on the webcam.  Were you able to resolve your issue and if so, how?

HP Recommended

Hi

I was not able to resolve the camera color problem. HP was kind enough to replace my Spectre X360 at no cost, but the web camera on the new hardware still gives bogus colors. I don't understand why the camera driver doesn't have any color adjustment settings.  ARGH!!

The infrared camera used for Windows Hello is so feeble that I have disabled face recognition for login. Replacing the machine did not help that problem either.

Good luck - if you find a solution, please pass it on.

HP Recommended

Even I bought the new spectre before 15 days. I have the same problem. I contacted the tech support. They said there is no fix for this. They simply asked me to return and get a new laptop, for which I said I dont want a replacement because I heard even the replaced laptops has the same problem. I'm going to return the product and ask for refund. Its better not to buy anymore HP products.

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx
[personal information removed]
Product number:1WU65AV

HP Recommended

I just set my new spectre up and I also have a pink tint on my camera. It's like a computer camera that you might see 10 or 12 years ago. I'm very disappointed. Sounds like there is no fix and the HP doesn't really care.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

I've seen this issue occur on my previous systems a bit and apparently lighting issues can cause the purple tint - usually in incandescent lighting. 

You may need to move to a different place with different lighting to see differences.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.