Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aLittleLoopy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any workaround for the poor design of the Airplane button?

Envy-M7-n109dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the 17" HP Envy Laptop w/touchscreen, but when I use the touchscreen , I often bump the new Airplane button, killing WiFi. I can't believe HP didn't product test this new keyboard layout, but if they had, they would have quickly found the 1-touch Airplane Mode button is NOT user friendly.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows if this button can be disabled. It's a nice laptop, but it goes back this weekend if I can't fix this. (Grrrrr......grumble...... grumble.)

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
3,904 3,735 201 433
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @aLittleLoopy,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I understand you are having an issue with airplane mode with windows 10. I will be glad to help you.

As this is a OS function change computer will not fix the issue.

There are some quick fix to get out of airport mode.  

1. In bottom right click ok button that look like message bubble then click on airplane.  this will turn off airplane mode.
  2. on most HP computer the Fn key and F12 will turn off airplane mode.

Please get back to me on how things went.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
aLittleLoopy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ha! My daughter just asked me, "mom, did you switch to tablet mode?"  Ooops. At least that keeps me from accidently typing while using the touch screen. The airplane button is still operational in tablet mode, so unfortunately this dosn't fix my problem entirely. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,904 3,735 201 433
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @aLittleLoopy,

Please contact Microsoft and let them know this is a issue.  If people do not get back to Microsoft, they will not know to fix it.

If you have any other question please feel free to ask. 

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation